Thursday, November 4, 2010

STORIES AS NARRATED TO ME ABOUT OUR "GRAND FATHER"

A TRUE STORY ABOUT GRAND FATHER MARRYING THREE TIMES, & THREE WISHES GRANTED TO HIM.
  1. He had no children, and after his second marriage failed to bring any off spring, he decided to kill him self, and was wandering in jungle for a place.
  2. In that wandering in Jungle, he came across, a HOLY PRIEST or devotee of God, who told him, by reading his face, his anxiety, and that he has a cure.
  3. He was told to live in his THATCHED HUT for next few weeks / months I do not know how many? But once he is happy with his service, (day to day chores of helping Priest) Priest will let him know, what next.
  4. On the dedicated service of our Grand Father, as devotee, one day Priest told him to get ready, next morning at 4 am, before sun rise, have a wash, have morning prayers, and then they both will go to near by HOLY PEOPLE TREE, which is considered as auspicious in our Hindu customs.
  5. This was done, and on that morning, when they both were near, the trunk of people tree. Prayers as per Vedas were recited by Priest, and later came forward, and gave him the "THREE WISHES", and told him to take all of them
  6. First wish was obvious, that he should have a family, so it means he will marry again. It was granted by placing a nail with a hammer on the trunk of the holy people tree.
  7. Second wish was to see, his Talwar dynasty to move forward, and that will yield children male in particular. (Later he had three sons and one daughter). His second wish was also nailed with a hammer on the trunk of the holy people tree.
  8. Third wish - when he was asked to exercise his right for third wish, he touched PRIEST feet, with words I have got every thing, and hence no more.
  9. But, he was coaxed and was given lot of leads, like wealth, fame, could be many more, it took him another 2 to 3 HRS to think what is right for him. Priest said I have to give, but finally surprisingly, what he asked>>.
  10. He told Priest, that although, I am humbled but since you are asking me, he said to Priest, that some times I get pain in my Teeth, for chewing sugarcane for its juice. So I would like to have my teeth in good health. He was given lot more time to think>>>.
  11. But finally, he was granted this by nailing on the holy people tree trunk his third wish.
  12. As per my Dad and his eldest brother, our Grand Father had all 32 teeth intact, even when he had his last breath for heavenly abode. 
  13. I do not know exact age, but was told he lived 70YRS. My dad was 17yrs of age then, i.e. 1915 +17= 1922, so he left us in the year 1922 / 23 approx.
Other three stories, as listed below, I will write separately in my next blog.
  • A TRUE STORY ABOUT HIS TRAIN GUARD.
  • A TRUE STORY OF A PERSON (in Beggar clothes), WHOSE MEAT PEACE/BONE WAS NOT COOKED BY ANY ONE, WHEN HE WAS HUNGRY for past few days. HIS ALL REQUESTS TO COOK when failed, he requests Almighty to >>>, AND HOW GOD HELPED HIM?
  • A TRUE STORY OF LION CAGE MAN, WHO BROUGHT LION BACK TO CAGE (ZOO) LIKE A PET DOG, WHEN HE WANDERED OUT OF CAGE, AND WHOLE CITY WAS PANICKY.
Arun Talwar


2 comments:

A rootdigger said...

This is interesting. I'd love three wishes. Sounds pretty tough though, I'd never make it.

talwar1948 said...

Just received an email from our Talwar Family, the way I call, directly or indirectly related but they carry our family surname.

I believe one day, it is for certain we may all have one ancestor, time will speak on on its own. If that happens, we all Talwar's will be related to each other, in one way or the other. One thing is sure, families do not give there offspring's to another Talwar Family while matrimonial alliance is being planned.

Unfortunately as I am writing I have more than 500 names, which because of inadequate data, for each name, am not able to do matching which my system allows. Therefor I urge, all TALWAR's to appreciate that if this task is to complete during our life time, lets all be pro-active in approach. We loose nothing, by passing on the information, but yes bonus is there if we are able to find common ancestor, else at-least we know each other as we all belong to "TALWAR DYNASTY" anyway.

Here is email, what Aric Talwar has to say on 11th March' 2011:

Dear Arun,

I wish you the speediest recovery....and my name ARIC is from the name Eric, but since my father, paternal aunt, and paternal uncle all have names beginning with AR (Arvind, another Arun Talwar, Aruna), my parents gave me the name ARIC. My mother is of European ancestry.

I will do my best to work on DOB/DOD for my ancestors and send it back to you. My grandfather, grandmother and great aunts/ uncles from Talwar family were all born in Jhang, Punjab. I will try and become more specific than that when I speak with them next My father and many of his cousins were born in Chandigarh Punjab India. I have also included maiden names for the ladies when I knew them in my family tree which I attached in the last email.

Lastly, thank you for sending me your blog. The most memorable story for me is about your grandfather's encounter with the holy priest in the jungle and his wishes to have offspring and have Talwar dynasty move ahead.....my wishes too.

Aric Talwar